Gentle Leader Dog Halti Head Collar
Enjoy safer, stress-free walks with the Gentle Leader Dog Halti Head Collar. The Gentle Leader is not a muzzle. When fitted properly, your dog is free to open his mouth to eat, drink, pant, fetch, bark and even bite, except when you close his mouth by pulling on the leash. It features two soft nylon straps, the collar portion fits high at the top of the neck, and the nose loop fits loosely and comfortably across the base of the muzzle. Each strap has a distinct and important effect.
More than 5 million dog owners have found the secret to controlling their dogs on walks. Imagine if each time your dog tugged on the leash, it turned him around. He just might find that he’s not getting anywhere. That’s the whole idea. The Gentle Leader headcollar fits securely over your dog’s nose. The nose loop redirects his head towards you when he pulls forward, preventing pulling and giving you his full attention.
– Reduces pulling on the leash
– Perfect for training dogs to heel
– Easy to fit and gets the dog used to wearing it
– The collar sits high on dog’s neck without putting pressure on the throat
– Nose loop redirects dog without the need for a muzzle
– Comes with detailed instructions and a training DVD
Choosing the correct size of the Gentle Leader Headcollar for your dog is simple. All you need to know is the approximate weight of your dog. The only exception is that certain breeds with specifically large or small heads may use a size other than what is listed for body weight. Please note – all sizes are adjustable to fit a variety of breeds within the specified weight range.
-Fits dogs and puppies that will have an adult weight of 5-10Kgs. Includes toy breeds and small dogs with a narrow, small muzzle. Examples: Toy Poodle, Lhasa Apso, Dachshund, Bichon, small Sheltie, Pomeranian, Shih-Tzu, Basenji, Fox Terriers, Jack Russels, Beagles etc.
– Fits dogs and puppies that will have an adult weight of 10-27 Kgs. Also, includes small dogs with a broad muzzle. Examples: Cocker, Springer, Brittany, Collie, Beagle, Airedale, Australian Shepherd, Samoyed, Norwegian Elkhound, Kelpies, Pointers, Blue Heelers, etc.
– Fits larger dogs that will have an adult weight of more than 30Kgs, and some dogs under 30 Kgs with larger heads. Examples: Basset, Golden, Lab, German Shepherd, Doberman, Sharpei, Rottweiler, Mastiff, Old English Sheepdog, Malamute, Akita, Great Dane, etc.
For Short Snout Dogs
– Available in Medium and Large to fit Bulldog, Boxer etc.
Fitting your dog:
– The Neck Loop should be snug (like a belt or a shoe) so one finger can barely fit between the strap and neck and will not rotate. It must fit as high on the neck as possible, directly behind the ears and above the Adam’s apple in front. The snugger the Neck Loop, the looser the Nose Loop can be.
– The Nose Loop should be in front of your dog’s eyes and behind the corners of his mouth. It should be loose enough to move freely toward the fleshy part of the nose but not so loose that it can be pulled off the muzzle.
– Be certain to check the fit every day, especially on growing pups: Is the Neck Strap close-fitting and snug high behind the ears? Is the Nose Loop comfortable and reaching to the fleshy part of the nose, but not so loose that it can be pulled.
– After you dog has reached his full growth, you can remove any excess length of the Neck Strap. With the head collar off your dog, cut the strap with scissors and use a flame to seal the cut edge and prevent fraying.
Treat your best friend today, products are available for pick up at West Coast Pet Care or posted to your address.
What’s the deal with items available on back order?
Products listed as back order will be ready for collection/delivery between 2-7 business days depending on availability. You will be notified about the progress of your order, if you have any questions we are happy to help.