Blackmores Paw Manuka Wound Gel.
Blackmores Paw Manuka Wound Gel is suitable for wound management and care for cats, dogs and horses. A sterile medical grade wound dressing made from Leptospermum.sp, Manuka, honey (80%) and natural oils and waxes for wound management. It is not only ideal for dogs, cats, horses but also other companion animals with wounds, burns, grazes and as a general first aid.
– Firstly it protects the wound
– Helps maintain natural wound pH
– Remove Malodour
– Furthermore, it reduces and prevents contamination, external bacteria colonisation and infection
– Thus, it may assist in the removal of slough and necrotic tissues
– Natural & non-toxic for animals
– Minimal heat treatment to preserve honey’s natural properties
– Moreover, a special blend of natural waxes and oils to reduce the stinging associated with pure honey
– Non-adherent gel to reduce trauma at dressing change.
Directions for use:
Wash around the wound with a sterile saline. Apply PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ liberally (approx. 3mm layer) directly to the wound or to a suitable dressing. In addition, using a barrier cream can further protect the wound margin. Dressing change frequency will depend on clinical circumstances. It can vary from once per day for draining wounds to up to 7 days for unsoiled dressings. PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ can be removed from the wound by rinsing with sterile saline or water at dressing change.
The ingredients in PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ include Manuka Honey (80%), natural Gum, beeswax, and nourishing organic oils. This product is sterile and of medical grade.
Available in a sterile 25g & 100g with an induction seal and screw cap.
Contraindications and cautions:
– Not for use on heavily exudating wounds
– Not recommended for body cavities
– In the event of a slow or non-responding wound, please seek veterinary advice.
– Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.
A light brown gel formulation, resulting in a reduced runoff and easier dressing changes.