Fremantle Dog and Cat Boarding
Fremantle is a port city located 14km south of Perth, known for its “hippy” vibe with its mix of street performers and colourful locals among the infamous markets.
Fremantle contains many well-preserved 19th century heritage buildings popular with both tourists and locals. Sites include:
- Fremantle Prison (on the World Heritage list)
- The Round House (the oldest remaining intact building in WA)
- Fremantle Arts House (former lunatic asylum constructed by convicts from local limestone)
- Fremantle Markets (housing over 150 stalls)
To find out more about these heritage spots, visit the City of Fremantle’s website.
The stunning architecture and proximity of attractions in Fremantle make the suburb the perfect spot for active dog owners!
|West Coast Pet Care Centre|
Dog Exercise Areas
Fremantle is the home of many dedicated dog exercise areas, which we’ve listed below.
- Gilbert Fraser Oval – John Street
- Rock Bay Foreshore – Rule Street
- North Fremantle foreshore – Johanna Street
- Leighton Beach – (north of railway footbridge) Port Beach Road
- Fremantle Park – Ellen / Ord Street
- Gibson Park – High / Chudleigh Street
- Stevens Reserve – Stevens Street
- Horrie Long Reserve – Amherst / Forrest Street
- Beach Reserve – Beach Street / Canning Highway
- Knutsford Street Playground – Knutsford / Swanbourne Street
- Wilson Park – South Terrace / Douro Road
- Parmelia Park – Parmelia / Chester Street
- South Fremantle Dog Beach – (North of Douro Road to Sailing Club only) Marine Terrace
Pet Friendly Eats
Fremantle loves their pups! There are many options for dog friendly cafes and pubs in Fremantle, and your choice really depends on what type of dining you are after.
Little Creatures and The Monk are staple venues in Fremantle but did you know you can have your dog by your side while sampling their local brews- bliss!
If coffee and healthy food is more your thing, you should try The Little Concept (TLC). TLC serves a wide range of coffees, teas, food and even serves red espresso and coconuts! Plus you have the option to sit outside with your pup.
We love that East Fremantle Vet Clinic believe that pets are “people” too… because we know pets are an important part of the family!
West Coast Pet Care Centre
If you want the best for your fur baby when it comes to dog training and animal boarding in Perth, look no further than West Coast Pet Care Centre.
While you may not instantly think of us when you live in Fremantle- we have many benefits for choosing us!
- Pet taxi service available for pick up and drop off
- High quality and luxurious boarding facilities
- Road tripping up North? Conveniently pick up your pet on the way home!
- We offer one of Perth’s only in-house dog training programs
Contact us today to book your dog in for boarding or training today.