Expressions of Interest: Gardner
West Coast Pet Care Centre is always on the lookout for great individuals to join our growing team. If you are interested in joining our team as a Gardner, please send through your application to be considered for positions that may occur in the near future. We will keep your resume on file and contact you if you fit a position that becomes available.
We are implementing a new and exciting role here at West Coast Pet Care Centre.
In this role, you will maintain the grounds on our facility. Including, but not limited to, mowing extensive areas of lawn, trimming of lawn edges, trimming of plants, removal of debris, fire prevention, fixing reticulation, fixing fences, filling in of holes and applying fertilizers and insecticides.
You will be responsible for:
- Perform Landscaping services to several sites including mowing, edging, sweeping/blowing, pruning, hedge / tree trimming and weed control
- Garden refreshing – woodchips, mulch, new plants etc.
External pressure wash of buildings as required
- Removal of all garden waste and transfer to authorized waste transfer station
- Conduct non-specialised repair work
- Undertake general gardening tasks including preparation and planting procedures
- Maintaining firebreaks and other fire prevention tactics
- Cleaning gutters
- Apply fertilisers, fungicides, herbicides and insecticides under general supervision
- Respond to alarms, following emergency procedures and preparing incident reports, inspecting and securing buildings
- Provide assistance to qualified tradespersons in building and furniture maintenance
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
You will be employed as a casual and work between the hours of 5:30 am and 7 pm on weekdays, and occasional weekends.
As this is a new position hours may vary between 3 hours and 6 hours over 3 to 5 days, depending on work availability.
Skills and experience we are after.
- Ability to work in a variable role.
- Knowledge of animals (primarily dogs & cats body language)
- Able to work independently
- Ability to operate machinery, both power tools and ride-on equipment
- Good time management
- Available to work varying shifts between 5:30 am and 7 pm.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area
- National Police Clearance Check
- Fertiliser application to lawns, garden beds and trees
- Application of horticultural chemicals.
- Demonstrate ability in the use of a range of horticultural machinery and vehicular plant
- Turf Management skills: Operations with a particular emphasis on turfgrass mowing, heights and techniques, fertiliser, and herbicide application
- Literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to maintain daily records, read works instructions and perform chemical mixing and application calculations
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Capable of prioritising any unplanned occurrences.
- Great communications skills (verbal and written)
- Does not have a trade qualification (certificate III), but has a skill level that assumes and requires knowledge, training or experience relevant to the duties to be performed.
Please submit your resume, cover letter detailing your experience and knowledge of Gardner. In addition, address the skills and experience section criteria.
We are a large pet hotel that requires animal attendants that are committed to providing quality care to our diverse range of holidaymakers. Established in 1994, we are proud to be WA’s only PIAA (Pet Industry Association) accredited boarding and training facility. We pride ourselves on being Perth’s premium dog kennel and boarding facility, catering for pet owners who want more than just a kennel. We’re more than a boarding kennel for cats and dogs, we’re a full-service pet care centre.
Our services include:
- Dog & Cat boarding
- Doggy Day Care
- Overnight Pet Stays
- FIFO Pet Care
- Dog Training services (Board & Train, Personal Lessons and Group Classes)
Find out more about us here: https://www.west-coast.com.au/
- Bring your dog to work (outside of peak periods)
- Products at cost price with specific wholesalers
- Employee pets stay for free
- And more…