Expressions of Interest: eCommerce & Social Media Assistant
West Coast Pet Care Centre is always on the lookout for great individuals to join our growing team. If you are interested in joining our team as an eCommerce & Social Media Assistant, please send through your application to be considered for positions that may occur in the near future. We will keep your resume on file and contact you if you fit a position that becomes available.
We are implementing a new and exciting role here at West Coast Pet Care Centre.
In this role, you will manage producing and uploading content for the company’s social media pages, assisting in responding to social media comments and messages, manage WooCommerce and Manual product sale orders, assist with product enquiries and maintain eCommerce, while maintaining customer’s satisfaction.
You will be responsible for:
- Check and respond to emails relating to product orders & product enquiries.
- Pick, pack & post orders
- Ordering of stock
- Maintaining eCommerce products
- Maintaining shop products
- Maintain, update, and publish website content, including products and imagery, ensuring accuracy & SEO Optimisation.
- Photograph products and edit when needed.
- Maintain the products database back-end.
- Conducting stock take
- Complete sales monthly sales reports
- Processing payments, refunds, and exchange’s
- Update various social media platforms.
- Photograph and create content for multiple social media accounts across Instagram & Facebook.
- Assist in developing social media strategies for multiple social media accounts.
- Assist in scheduling and moderating content, including responding to comments and direct messages.
- Assist in preparing & conducting email campaigns.
- Producing blog content.
- Other data entry duties
- Interact with customers over the phone, by email or through social media platforms.
- Assisting with marketing including managing social media accounts, as well as websites, brochures and similar material
- General office administration including filing, data entry, record-keeping, ordering office supplies and assisting with other administrative duties as required.
- Administrative and PA support to the management team as required.
- Maintaining office cleanliness and presentation
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
You will be employed as a casual and work between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm on weekdays.
As this is a new position hours may vary between 3 hours and 6 hours over 3 to 5 weekdays, depending on work availability. Once the position has been established, we would expect the workload to increase gradually.
Skills and experience we are after.
- Ability to work in a variable role.
- Knowledge of animals (primarily dogs & cats body language)
- Customer service skills
- Good time management
- Available to work varying shifts between 7 am and 7 pm on weekdays.
- National Police Clearance Check
- General IT experience
- eCommerce experience, in particular, WooCommerce (WordPress)
- Social Media experience (Instagram and Facebook)
- Sales experience
- Dog & cat handling
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Capable of prioritising any unplanned occurrences.
- Great communications skills (verbal and written)
Please submit your resume, cover letter detailing your experience and knowledge of eCommerce, admin and social media. In addition, address the skills and experience section criteria.
We are a large pet hotel that requires animal attendants that are committed to providing quality care to our diverse range of holidaymakers. Established in 1994, we are proud to be WA’s only PIAA (Pet Industry Association) accredited boarding and training facility. We pride ourselves on being Perth’s premium dog kennel and boarding facility, catering for pet owners who want more than just a kennel. We’re more than a boarding kennel for cats and dogs, we’re a full-service pet care centre.
Our services include:
- Dog & Cat boarding
- Doggy Day Care
- Overnight Pet Stays
- FIFO Pet Care
- Dog Training services (Board & Train, Personal Lessons and Group Classes)
Find out more about us here: https://www.west-coast.com.au/
- Bring your dog to work (outside of peak periods)
- Products at cost price with specific wholesalers
- Employee pets stay for free
- And more…