Expressions of Interest: Dog Trainer Career
West Coast Pet Care Centre is always on the lookout for great individuals to join our growing team. If you are interested in joining our dog training team, please send through your application to be considered for positions that may occur in the near future. We will keep your resume on file and contact you if you fit a position that becomes available.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring West Coast Pet Care Centres reputation as a leading dog training facility is maintained. Your principal work will revolve around dogs entering our Train & Board dog training scheme, this is a highly regarded dog training methodology worldwide and extremely satisfying to an enthusiastic trainer.
You will be working closely with training dogs throughout their course as well as their owners with go-home lessons, personal lessons, and group classes.
You will be responsible for:
- Completing Train & Board Training at the facility.
- Conducting Personal Lessons at the facility or at a customer home.
- Conducting group training classes from puppies to adults.
- Conducting follow up lessons and go home lessons.
- Running the training shift.
- Scheduling daily tasks and training.
- Interacting with our training customers.
- Administration duties.
- Social media content.
- Liaising with other members of our team.
- Conducting staff training.
You will be employed as a casual, close to full-time hours, as part of your probation with the opportunity to become permanent, if successful.
Skills and experience we are after.
- Balanced Dog Trainer (Mixed methodology)
- Ability to work in a physically demanding job.
- Knowledge of animals (primarily dogs & cats body language)
- Confidence in handling a variety of dogs.
- Customer service skills
- Good time management
- Available school holidays and public holidays
- Available to work varying shifts between 5:30 am to 7 pm, 7 days a week.
- Certificate III in Dog Behaviour and Training (NDTF)
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Team or shift leader experience
- Experience in running a shift.
- Capable of prioritising any unplanned occurrences.
- Able to delegate.
- Able to assist other team members in or completing unassigned tasks.
- Experience in performing disciplinary action in a respectful manner.
- Understanding of duty of care to the pets within our care and to other team members.
Please submit your resume, cover letter detailing your dog training experience, your style of training, how you believe dog training should be conducted, answering our application criteria and any Dog Training qualifications
We are a large pet hotel that requires animal attendants that are committed to providing quality care to our diverse range of holidaymakers. Established in 1994, we are proud to be WA’s only PIAA (Pet Industry Association) accredited boarding and training facility. We pride ourselves on being Perth’s premium dog kennel and boarding facility, catering for pet owners who want more than just a kennel. We’re more than a boarding kennel for cats and dogs, we’re a full-service pet care centre.
Our services include:
- Dog & Cat boarding
- Doggy Day Care
- Overnight Pet Stays
- FIFO Pet Care
- Dog Training services (Board & Train, Personal Lessons and Group Classes)
Find out more about us here: https://www.west-coast.com.au/
- Bring your dog to work (outside of peak periods)
- Products at cost price with specific wholesalers
- Employee pets stay for free
- And more…