Professional conference centre for pet events
Seminar for Western Australia’s Pet Professionals
The pet industry is changing rapidly, affecting how we, as professionals, manage the needs of our clients and their pets. With our commitment to pet care, and working together for the benefit of all, we are pleased to announce our upcoming Seminar for Western Australia’s Pet Professionals.
Presented by West Coast Pet Care’s own Animal Behaviourist Consultant, Mr Iain Macdonald, this seminar will look at how dog ownership has changed, how the current and planned rules, regulations and practices affect pet professionals and what we can do to keep ourselves, our businesses and our clients safe.
The seminar will include, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Greater prioritisation from the canine perspective
- Areas of conflict between canine and primate communication
- The use of ritualised displays to improve communication.
- Over use of lead as a means of control
- Owner compliance… getting them to understand there is a problem
- Ownership styles
- Dog behaviour and the legal ramifications
- Our duty of care as animal professionals
This full day seminar will run on Tuesday 14th October 2014. To attend please contact us for a registration form.