Once you have made a booking our reception staff will email your booking outlining the dates of your pets holiday, transport requirements, care level and booked holiday activities. As well as a confirmation email with a reminder of our requirements and hours.
The following information will help ensure your pets holiday is as enjoyable as your own.
All pets must be up to date on their vaccinations. Proof of vaccination status is required before your pet can enter our hotel.
These can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 9306 2752 or bought in with your pet on arrival. For information on our requirements please see our vaccination page.
Is Your Pet Currently Taking Any Medication?
We are more than happy to look after your pet’s medical needs during their stay with us at West Coast. We do of course consider the accurate recording and administration of medications a high priority, and as such we can only administer prescription medications as per the vets written directions on the label on the bottle.
We cannot accept prescription medications in any other container or with any other instructions.
Please note that West Coast cannot deviate from these instructions as directed by the prescribing vet. If you, as the owner advise us that the dosage has been altered, please take the time to get this detail verified by your vet prior to checking in at West Coast.
We charge a fee for each medication or additive to the pet’s meals.
If your pet is taking non prescription drugs such as vitamin supplements, we will of course make sure they continue on their course. We will simply require that you initial beside the description and dosage written on the booking form.
Some Dogs Are Better Staying In A Single Room
We know from experience that some dogs prefer to be alone.
They may be nervous of other dogs or not as well socialised as others.
Additionally certain breeds are required to be in a single room.
All Cats/Family of cats are given separate rooms
We consider that cats prefer to board in seclusion
Veterinary Care While Staying at West Coast?
We like to be prepared for any emergency no matter how big or small.
Please read our terms and conditions of veterinary care carefully.
All our guests receive super premium food as part of their holiday and are fed in the morning. If your pet requires feeding at a different time to our other guests (evening meals, more than one meal a day) please advise as upon booking or arrival.
Special dietary requirements
We understand there are times when it is important to keep your pet on the same diet they enjoy at home and a such we are happy to manage individual requirements.
If you would like to bring in your own food for your pet, please bring this in individual meal sized containers marked with your pets full name (first and surname).
We also recommend supplying more food than is required in case of unforseen delays in your return, or if the excitement of holidays changes your pets dietary needs to remain in the same excellent condition as when you left them.
Payment of holiday fees
Are required by the start of your pet’s holiday. These fees can be paid by credit card, eftpos, cash, cheque or direct deposit.
Booking fees and minimum board periods
Easter and Christmas/New Year bookings incur a minimum booking period (4 days for Easter and 10 days for Christmas/New Year) and a non-refundable booking fee of 50% paid within 7 days of making your booking, with the remainder of your fees to be paid on arrival. Once your booking meets these requirements we will post you a confirmation letter with your details outlined and a copy of your receipt.
Things To Remember To Bring With You
- Current Vaccination Certificate – our friendly staff can let you know what vaccinations your pets need
- Contact Phone Numbers and Emails – in case of emergency or questions
- Details of special medication – plus enough medication to last the duration of your pet’s stay (with a few days spare, in case of unforeseen extensions to your pets holiday).
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to unvaccinated or aggressive pets.
- For more information please call our reception.
When you check in
- All fees are payable on arrival at the centre so please be ready to make payment when you arrive.
- Leaving your four legged best friend isn’t always easy!… so we try to make it easier for you both, so say your goodbyes at home, and allow your pet to settle in as quickly as possible.
- Our friendly Pet Care Attendants will look after your pet as if he/she was their own, and help them quickly get used to their holiday home.
- And don’t forget to let our staff know of any special or unusual characteristics your pet may have.
- For example:
- *Behavioural problems / fence climbers / persistent barking / special diets / phobias (lightning or storms etc) / fear biting / past or persistent medical problems
- When you arrive, make sure you keep your dog on lead at all times & your cat is in a crate. This is essential for the well being of all our guests, big & small. If you do not have a lead/crate please see our friendly reception staff before getting your furry friend out of the car.