Thinking Green and Virtual Products
As you may of notice, while perusing our online shop, there are a number of products that can be back-ordered.
Why is this?
As a company, that supplies goods and services, there can be factors that impact what we can offer you. Purchasing large quantities of products always has its risks, and also limits the variety that can be offered. It is not always easy purchasing the right products, and it can produce a lot of dead stock.
As part of our green thinking, we want to limit waste and a key area here is the build-up of unsold stock.
To ensure a variety of products are available for our customers while decreasing the build-up of unsold stock, we have set up a number of products in our website to be purchased as “virtual stock” in our backorder option. However, the last thing we want to do is misled our customers which is why at the bottom of most listing we clarify what happens when you place a back order.
Key Benefits of Virtual Stock.
- Reduction in the build-up of unsold stock
- Less stock equals less waste
- Reduction in packaging wastes
- From products being shipped to us and then to you
- Reduction in transportation emissions
- From product being shipped to us and then to you
- Creating a more conservative standpoint as a business
- Purchasing only as we need or per our customer requirements
- Provide more options and variety to our customers without unnecessary purchases.
How do I know which stock is virtual?
Majority of our stock is virtual. This means we are working with wholesalers and manufactures in Australia to provide more options for our customers while limiting potential waste.
Key products to look out for are:
- Those listed with Backorder information in the description.
- This just means although we may not have the products on hand, they are not far away for us to organise to be delivered to you.
- Majority of these products are shipped directly from the wholesaler.
- All Snooza products are handmade by the manufacturer when each order is placed. Once ready, these products are then shipped to your address directly from the manufacture location.
- The Sartorial Dog
- All these products are handmade in Perth, WA when each order is placed. Once ready they are collected by our team and then shipped to your address.
- Stock with no additional information is either currently ready for you in our warehouse or available from our local wholesaler and usually can be posted within 1 business day.
- The stock is collected from these locations between 9 am and 12 noon weekdays for orders.
This setup, while unusual, is a great way for us to provide more variety to our customers while;
- Reducing excessive purchases,
- The build-up of unsold stock,
- Reduction in postage waste and,
- Transportation emissions.
What happens to unsold stock that is on hand?
The stock that has been unsold at our business either has its price reduced until sold or placed into giveaways for when competitions are held.
If you would like to provide feedback on our current set up or have suggestions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our planet is a beautify place to live, we are hoping to improve ourselves and great more positive impacts by improving our online shop. The best way we feel we can accomplish this would be reducing unnecessary purchases and build-up of unsold stock.
To check out what we currently have available, shop online here: www.west-coast.com.au/shop/